SAHRA’s mandate is to promote safety and security in the South Armour Heights neighbourhood; to protect South Armour Heights residents from inappropriate planning and development from residential, commercial, transportation and any other Government sources; and to enhance the environment and social life within the community. SAHRA’s activities include:
- Addressing Committee of Adjustment (CofA), North York Community Council, OMB and TLAB meetings and hearings
- Representing SAHRA interests at FoNTRA1 meetings
- Communicating with the North York Community Council, City Council, City Officials/Departments and our City Councillor on Neighbourhood issues
- Updating residents on local issues via eBlasts, Newsletters and the website (sahratoronto.com)
- Hosting community-building events – Neighbours’ Night Out (June)
- Holding regular SAHRA meetings and the Annual Meeting (April), all open to interested residents
1 Federation of North Toronto Residents’ Associations.