Available from AUDREY NICOLE DESIGNS, within our neighbourhood – custom reversible face masks in various designs, sizes and pricing…and scrunchies…all 100% cotton. Visible on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/audreynnicole/), Contact via Instagram or by email ([email protected]) or by text messaging at (647) 384-4266.
#BikesLoveYonge Campaign to Help Businesses Recover
The pandemic has taken a heavy toll on main street businesses. As restrictions are eased, businesses need to encourage returning customers and attract new ones. As people who live in North Toronto, ride a bike, and want to see business on Yonge booming again, we’re here to help our businesses recover!
The #BikesLoveYonge Campaign will:
- Promote people to visit & shop by bike, including sharing photos on social media with #BikesLoveYonge and #BuyLocalBikeLocal . Participating businesses will be included in a directory.
- Highlight the goods and services businesses have to offer customers coming by bike – products / services people coming by bike can purchase – carried by bike, consumed in store, or delivered (for larger items).
- Promote #BikeFridays weekly events, collaboratively with the BIA, RAs, and other community organizations, with promotions and contests for people who come by bike.
- Suggest ways to make it easier to shop by bike, like getting bike parking racks from the City.
- Spread the word and share! We’ll collaborate with BIAs, RAs and allies to create social media posts for businesses for Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
New Stores and Services on Avenue Road
New stores/services have opened up or will be opening up in the near future which will enhance our Upper Avenue.
- L&M ART & ANTIQUES is now open at 2074 Avenue Road, on the west side of Avenue north of Dunblaine. Contact Mohammad at 647-344-0777 or 647-869-6052 or email [email protected]
- MOTORINO ITALIAN TAKEAWAY is now open at 1775 Avenue Road between Melrose and St. Germaine (east side), providing Italian-style takeway. 416-251-6686. Call to verify open hours.
- CANADA CHEMISTS is now operating at 1975 Avenue Road, in the former Brown’s/Short Man’s Location. An independent pharmacy since 2005, it provides integrated services including compounding, pets’ prescriptions and home health care products such as CPAP supplies. 416-440-8008. Mon-Fri 10am-6pm, Sat 10am-3pm, Sun Closed.
- At the former 711 at Lawrence and Avenue Road (1507 Avenue Road) FREEDOM MOBILE is now open. https://www.freedommobile.ca
- At 1507 Avenue Road (Lawrence and Avenue Road) FANCY FRANKS will be opening on Tuesday, September 10 https://fancyfranks.com/
- At 1507 Avenue Road (Lawrence and Avenue Road) STARBUCKS will be opening on Friday, September 27 https://www.starbucks.ca/
- ROGERS relocated from 1905 Avenue Road to 1719 Avenue Road in August, 2018.
- At the former Rexall drug store at Lawrence and St Germaine (1725 Avenue Road) AMBROSIA, Natural Health Foods and Supplements, opened as of Feb 2, 2019. http://www.ambrosia.ca/
- EXPEDIA CRUISE SHIP CENTRE has relocated to the former Rogers store at 1905 Avenue Road from 1763 Avenue Road. https://www.cruiseshipcenters.com
- CACTUS LAW is now operating at 1759 Avenue Road, just north of St. Germaine on the east side. Services provided are Wills & Estates, Real Estate, Civil Litigation and Corporate Law. Telephone 416-250-6400.
- PHO V EXPRESS, a new Vietnamese restaurant at 1923C Avenue Road opened early December, 2018. http://www.phovexpress.com/
- MARBELLA HAIR LAB has moved into 1956 Avenue Road (next to Il Fornaro). https://marbellahairlab.com
- The former Lobster Trap at 1960 Avenue Road is now PRIME ON AVENUE STEAK + SMOKEHOUSE. http://www.primeonavenue.com
- MOC NAIL & SPA, located at 2046 Avenue Road, opened late 2018. http://mocbeautysalon.com/
Fall fest on Upper Avenue – Saturday, October 19th
Our Businesses on Upper Avenue between Joicey and Roe put on a very enjoyable Fall fest – a fall-themed “open house” event to celebrate our vibrant Upper Avenue community on Saturday, October 19th. Councillor Colle and his Staff made a great piping hot minestrone soup. Good turnout and everyone enjoyed the events/giveaways/specials. We will be starting the planning soon for an even bigger and better event in 2020!
Supported by: Councillor Mike Colle, the Upper Avenue Community Association, the Bedford Park Residents Organization, the South Armour Heights Residents’ Association and the Ledbury Park Connects Group.
SAHRA members are very fortunate to have a multitude of great stores and services immediately available to us in the stretch fom the 401 down to Lawrence on Avenue Road…known as Upper Avenue.
Search on the Internet using ‘Avenue Road shops’ and you will find various listings of information on the shops.