New Stores and Services on Avenue Road
New stores/services have opened up or will be opening up in the near future which will enhance our Upper Avenue.
WELL AVENUE has recently opened at 1963 Avenue Road, focusing on the individual nurturing and maintenance of patients’ overall well-being. Services offered include Massage, Acupuncture, Chiropractic treatments, and other wellness approaches. Hours are Mon 10am-7pm, Tues-Fri 8am-9pm and Sat 10am-6pm. Phone 416-484-1715, email [email protected]. For more information, check the website: www.wellavenue.ca.
DR RUTH ANNE BARON ND, 1963 Avenue Rd– relocating effective Aug 1, 2021to Health Avenue, 1975 Avenue Rd (upstairs) on Wed / Sat and Marsden Ctre, 9131 Keele St, Unit 1, Vaughan on Mon / Thur / Fri. Dr Baron can be reached then at 416-385-9277 or [email protected].
DR CARLA INOQUE (Chiropractor) and ASSOCIATES – (Meredith Cossitt /Chiropodist, Alana McDaid /Manual Osteopath, and Melinda Baldwin /Reg Massage Therapist), 1963 Avenue Rd – relocating effective July 21, 2021 to their new clinic “Body in Health” at 1794 Avenue Rd (formerly The Hatter). They may be reached then at 416-4822122 or [email protected]
HABER’S COMPOUNDING PHARMACY is now operating at 1783 Avenue Road (SE corner of Melrose and Avenue). An independent full service pharmacy offering compounding, sports medicine supplies, professional supplements (AOR, Metagenics, Thorne, etc.) in a caring environment. Open Mon-Fri 9am-7pm, Sat 9am-5pm. Phone 416-656-9800. www.haberspharmacy.com. [email protected]
- MOTORINO ITALIAN TAKEAWAY is now open at 1775 Avenue Road between Melrose and St. Germaine (east side), providing Italian-style takeway. 416-251-6686. Call to verify open hours.
- CANADA CHEMISTS is now operating at 1975 Avenue Road, in the former Brown’s/Short Man’s Location. An independent pharmacy since 2005, it provides integrated services including compounding, pets’ prescriptions and home health care products such as CPAP supplies. 416-440-8008. Mon-Fri 10am-6pm, Sat 10am-3pm, Sun Closed.
- At the former 711 at Lawrence and Avenue Road (1507 Avenue Road) FREEDOM MOBILE is now open. https://www.freedommobile.ca
- At 1507 Avenue Road (Lawrence and Avenue Road) FANCY FRANKS opened on Tuesday, September 10 https://fancyfranks.com/
- At 1507 Avenue Road (Lawrence and Avenue Road) STARBUCKS opened on Friday, September 27 https://www.starbucks.ca/
- ROGERS relocated from 1905 Avenue Road to 1719 Avenue Road in August, 2018.
- At the former Rexall drug store at Lawrence and St Germaine (1725 Avenue Road) AMBROSIA, Natural Health Foods and Supplements, opened as of Feb 2, 2019. http://www.ambrosia.ca/
- CACTUS LAW is now operating at 1759 Avenue Road, just north of St. Germaine on the east side. Services provided are Wills & Estates, Real Estate, Civil Litigation and Corporate Law. Telephone 416-250-6400.
- PHO V EXPRESS, a new Vietnamese restaurant at 1923C Avenue Road opened early December, 2018. http://www.phovexpress.com/
- MARBELLA HAIR LAB has moved into 1956 Avenue Road (next to Il Fornaro). https://marbellahairlab.com
- The former Lobster Trap at 1960 Avenue Road is now PRIME ON AVENUE STEAK + SMOKEHOUSE. http://www.primeonavenue.com
Photos of Local Stores
SAHRA members are very fortunate to have a multitude of great stores and services immediately available in the stretch from the 401 down to Lawrence on Avenue Road…known as Upper Avenue.
Our thanks to student volunteer Olivia who took these pictures of the shops and services from Wilson down to Brooke on both the west and east sides of Avenue Road which demonstrates the selection available to residents within our Neighbourhood.
There are many more shops and services from Brooke all the way down to Lawrence. Search on the Internet using ‘Avenue Road shops’ and you will find various listings of information on the shops.
See the section New Stores and Services on Avenue Road below the Photos for updates on new shops/services who have recently opened for business on Upper Avenue.