Fall fest on Upper Avenue – Saturday, October 19th
Our Businesses on Upper Avenue between Joicey and Roe put on a very enjoyable Fall fest – a fall-themed “open house” event to celebrate our vibrant Upper Avenue community on Saturday, October 19th. Councillor Colle and his Staff made a great piping hot minestrone soup. Good turnout and everyone enjoyed the events/giveaways/specials. We will be starting the planning soon for an even bigger and better event in 2020!
Supported by: Councillor Mike Colle, the Upper Avenue Community Association, the Bedford Park Residents Organization, the South Armour Heights Residents’ Association and the Ledbury Park Connects Group.
SAHRA members are very fortunate to have a multitude of great stores and services immediately available to us in the stretch fom the 401 down to Lawrence on Avenue Road…known as Upper Avenue.
Search on the Internet using ‘Avenue Road shops’ and you will find various listings of information on the shops.
New Stores and Services on Avenue Road
New stores/services have opened up or will be opening up in the near future which will enhance our Upper Avenue.
- At the former 711 at Lawrence and Avenue Road (1507 Avenue Road) FREEDOM MOBILE is now open. https://www.freedommobile.ca
- At 1507 Avenue Road (Lawrence and Avenue Road) FANCY FRANKS will be opening on Tuesday, September 10 https://fancyfranks.com/
- At 1507 Avenue Road (Lawrence and Avenue Road) STARBUCKS will be opening on Friday, September 27 https://www.starbucks.ca/
- ROGERS relocated from 1905 Avenue Road to 1719 Avenue Road in August, 2018.
- At the former Rexall drug store at Lawrence and St Germaine (1725 Avenue Road) AMBROSIA, Natural Health Foods and Supplements, opened as of Feb 2, 2019. http://www.ambrosia.ca/
- CREATIVE AVENUES (Interior Decorators and Designers) has moved into the former Fiorio hair salon store at 1819 Avenue Road while their store at 378 Fairlawn Avenue is being redeveloped. http://www.creative-avenues.ca/
- EXPEDIA CRUISE SHIP CENTRE has relocated to the former Rogers store at 1905 Avenue Road from 1763 Avenue Road. https://www.cruiseshipcenters.com
- CACTUS LAW is now operating at 1759 Avenue Road, just north of St. Germaine on the east side. Services provided are Wills & Estates, Real Estate, Civil Litigation and Corporate Law. Telephone 416-250-6400.
- PHO V EXPRESS, a new Vietnamese restaurant at 1923C Avenue Road opened early December, 2018. http://www.phovexpress.com/
- MARBELLA HAIR LAB has moved into 1956 Avenue Road (next to Il Fornaro). https://marbellahairlab.com
- The former Lobster Trap at 1960 Avenue Road is now PRIME ON AVENUE STEAK + SMOKEHOUSE. http://www.primeonavenue.com
- LASHAR (Persian rugs) has moved into the former Fast Signs store at 2009 Avenue Road.
- MOC NAIL & SPA, located at 2046 Avenue Road, opened late 2018. http://mocbeautysalon.com/