TPL branches are now open after a brief closure to prepare our spaces and services for the new restrictions imposed by the province as Toronto entered Grey-Lockdown earlier this week. For everyone’s safety, in-person services are limited and modified. Find out what’s available, what’s not, and how to prepare for a visit at tpl.ca/covid19
Available in person
- Place holds on materials online and over the phone and pick them up at open library branches. Appointments are not required.
- Return your library materials at most branch drop boxes.
- Sign up for a library card.
- Reserve a computer at most library branches.
- Bookmobile service and Home Library Service are available with limited contactless service.
- Join our online events for all ages, from storytimes for kids to author interviews and more.
- Use a variety of our online services – from ebooks, eaudiobooks, movies and music, to research and learning tools.
- Register online for a Digital Access Card to use our digital resources and services.
- Use of library space is limited to the holds pick-up and computer workstation areas. Washrooms are also available for use. Other areas of the branch are not accessible.
- Research Appointments and services at our Digital Innovation Hubs, Fabrication Studio, Sun Life Musical Instrument Lending Library are unavailable at this time.
How to prepare for a visit
The health and safety of our staff and our customers is our top priority. Before coming to our branches, please make sure you review the health and safety protocols.