SAHRA 2022 Membership Drive
Please support our efforts at keeping this Neighbourhood the special place it is by making a membership contribution.
Membership contributions are our only source of revenue to support costs required to maintain our current level of activity. We are very frugal but there are expenses for newsletters, our website, office expenses, insurance and events. Our reserve is also used to engage planners and lawyers when necessary to deal with Committee of Adjustment, TLAB and OLT applications/appeals, hopefully without a special appeal.
3 Ways to Join / Renew Your Membership
SAHRA will never disclose your personal information to any third party.
Suggested contribution levels: $25, $75, $125 or Other
Interac eTransfer (no security question required)
Email Address: [email protected]
How your Membership Contributions are Used
The South Armour Heights Residents’ Association (SAHRA) was created to promote safety and security in our Neighbourhood; to protect our South Armour Heights residents from inappropriate planning and development from residential, commercial, transportation and any other sources; and to enhance the environment and social life in our community.
Your contributions allow SAHRA to protect and improve our community through activities including:
- Dealing with crime prevention and communitysafety issues
- Dealing with development and construction issues including Committee of Adjustment (CofA), North York Community Council (NYCC), Ontario Land Tribunal (OLT) and Toronto Local Appeal Body (TLAB), engaging planners and lawyers when necessary
- Addressing transportation issues, including traffic, safety, speed limits, traffic calming and parking
- Updating residents on local issues via eBlasts, Newsletters and our website
- Representing our members’ interests at FoNTRA (Federation of North Toronto Residents’ Associations) , CORRA (Confederation of Resident and Ratepayer Associations in Toronto) and FUN (Federation or Urban Neighbourhoods) meetings
- Advocating for our Neighbourhood with North York Community Council, City Government and our Councillor
- Hosting community-building events – we will return to this after the pandemic
- Holding regular SAHRA meetings and the Annual Meeting
2021 Main Activities
- Crime prevention
- Distributed auto theft prevention techniques
- Successfully requested police to re-establish Auto Theft Suppression Team
- Supported Neighbourhood Watch Online
- Traffic and pedestrian safety: Engaged with City regarding the Avenue Road Traffic Study
- Provided feedback to City on Laneway Suites and Garden Suites
- Pushed City to follow up on various residential and commercial Orders to Comply
- Dealt with 9 CofA applications and 3 TLAB appeals
- Addressed large site proposed developments at NE corner of Avenue & Lawrence, 250 Lawrence West, 4050 Yonge St, 3180 Yonge St, 1648-1660 Avenue Road
- Raised funds to fight three-storey, sub-basement and burrowing residential proposals, and commercial over-development – Thank You to our supporters!
The Activity Map below shows the locations that SAHRA has been involved with in 2021.
2021 Activity Map
Why We Collect Email Addresses
It is very important to us to collect Email Addresses from our members, as the preferred means of communication. Email is a fast and cost-effective way for us to let you know about upcoming neighbourhood events, special presentations, social events, public forums organized by our Councillor, etc.
SAHRA publishes a list of all Contributing Members for each fiscal year (Jan 1 to Dec 31). If you do NOT want your name to be published in such a list, you can indicate so on the Membership Form if you are contributing by cheque; if you are contributing via PayPal or credit/debit card, send an email to [email protected] asking for the Non-Publish option.
to the following members for their contributions in 2021
Thank you for supporting your Residents’ Association!
Member Contributions by Street: